Day 3 - New York City, USA

02 June 2012

We left Boston and headed to New York City. En route, we stopped at Woodbury Commons Factory Outlets which totally changed my perception of premium outlets. On the bus, I watched in puzzlement as the people started to scribble purposefully on the map as if planning a military attack.

 

Their actions started to make sense when we turned into the parking lot. Spanning 150 acres (~140 football fields!), Woodbury Common houses over 200 designer apparel and brand-name outlets in a village setting. For avid shoppers, it is like stepping into the Disneyland of shopping.

 

While the group carried out their swift raids of the massively discounted branded labels, I strolled around aimlessly. With temperatures of 10°C, it was like walking in a giant air-conditioned outdoor mall. Despite committing the cardinal sin of not planning before visiting the outlet, I managed to snag some bargains.

 

 

We stayed in Holiday Inn, Parsippany New Jersey for the rest of the trip. Given the room beside the gym, I was living my dream lifestyle. Waking up at unearthly hours due to jet lag, I would go next door for workouts before a hearty breakfast buffet.

0 comments